Monday, June 14, 2010

Studio Daze

Though a tonne of drywalling awaits us in the studio, one needs to "keep calm and carry on" as they say and get cracking.

Launched from Feedlot Studios was the very first Commemorative Gabriola Island Platter. A gold eagle oversees the map on the platter that will otherwise be completed with blue china paint and gold luster. While this version will be graced with the oh-so accurately mapped GPS coordinates of our own studios on Valli Place, there are many other platters to come with all the things to commemorate on this fair isle.

On a social note, please take the time to cruise by Silva Bay Marina for a pint and a chat with many the locals. If you are lucky a certain Rusty will school you on the goings on at Silva Bay Shipyard School where you can be part of making your very own boat.

Feed a little. Feed alot!

3 comments:

  1. Badminton was asking about you yesterday while walking herself on her own two feet like a young Rory Calhoon over to the neighboors cat to show off her 2nd tooth and is very excited that you are now making boats! Oh boy, we love boats! If you are making an extra one, a small oarred wood hull dinghy would be great start to what we hope will become a budding collection of sturdy sea worthy craft.

    Badminton, Monica, and the other.

    This giggling text while I type is also mesmerizing, I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I placed my order a for a nice wood hulled dinghy a while ago and I was wondering when my boat was going to be completed? All I've ever recieved from this company is beautiful ceramic work, but still no boat? This is the worst boat maker I have ever dealt with, what am I to do with all this gorgeous ceramic art, none of it is even remotely sea worthy?

    Badminton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried to swim across to G.I. with my buddy Ernie but had muh leg bit orf by by a Giant Sardine.I yelled to Ernie,hey a Giant Sardine just bit orf me leg!,which one says Ernie,dunno says I,all these Sardines look alike!So I just plugged the wound wid muh Bubble Gum.
    ...and dat's de Truth, daaad!!!

    ReplyDelete